Thursday, June 26, 2008

Goodbye Korea, Goodbye Seoul

My last and final blog entry that will be written in Korea. I am in Incheon Airport now. My husband and I already checked our luggage : two full suit cases, one big back pack and a duffle bag... Sitting in some kind of internet lounge while having to pay 500 Korean won per 10 minutes...

Last week was really crazy with my husband coming here. Having a full program from morning till sometimes late at night, my husband got to know my life in Korea and met the friends that became so dear to me during my 3 months of stay here in this wonderful country. It was really great, but exhausting too sometimes. Although we have been seperated for almost 3 months and he was not really a part of my `everyday` life any more, meeting my friends he finally understands the person I have become during my stay in Korea. I have grown on my own, my mind and ideas have grown, my experience of other people lives has grown.

Sometimes, it is really strange that you have to travel the half world around to become FULL CIRCLE...

Meanwhile, in this last week we have done a little bit of traveling to, to Busan and Jeju-do. Met some interesting and nice people, on our non planned trip. We just went, without real preparations, tickets or reservations. It was really a little kind of adventure on its own. And lots of sightseeing around Seoul. Drinking beer at pubs, having good time with friends. Yesterday we ended our stay here with an unbelievable evening of noreabang, colored wigs etc...

Yeah, it was really wonderful, my time being here without husband but also with... Although in the beginning I had to adapt to him being by my side for more than 1 week 24 hours per day and sometimes in a very claustrophobic small room in Crimson House, we managed to survive and to get used to each other again. Especially it was important for me that he got to know the `LT` that I have been and have become, thanks to the wonderful friends I have met here.

Yeah, I will miss Korea, I will miss Seoul. I will miss the friends that have become my `everyday life` during these 3 months. I have been jogging on my own on Wednesday night from from 1 top 2 past midnight while my husband was sleeping. I really felt to jog, so I just went... The scenery was beautiful, as ever.... I wanted to say goodbye to the place that became a piece of `home` to me in my own way.

BUT I am not sad. For everything in life there is a time to come and go, to say hello and goodbye. And I am coming back for sure one day :)

Korea and the people I have met have captured my heart. I will miss you guys : Sang-yul, Kyung-ju, Ye-in, Heli, Sarra, Kibashi-san, Eriko, Naoko, Minki of Jane`s Groove... and a Thanks for everything. For being friends and for sharing thoughts and ideas with me.

And... as for the people back home in Europe and USA, I will update this blog with the stories and pictures I didn`t find time to tell and update... so this blog is not over yet.. But as for writing from Korea, this will be my last entry.

See you later, with my memories from Seoul, South Korea and beyond :)

No comments: