Sunday, March 30, 2008

My room

It's Sunday morning right now. Just woke up, had my cereal bar as breakfast, a yogurt drink and an apple. I was actually going to update my blog with a new entry yesterday, after I got back from my first day exploring Seoul, but I actually fell asleep on my bed until past midnight. I felt tired, maybe because of the rainy weather or just the jet lag. Although I think of myself that I am quite flexible in time traveling ;p.

So yesterday morning I looked some things up on the internet before I got off. I have internet here on my room, a little fridge, a bed, a chair and some cupboards to store my things. And a window, very important to me for not feeling too claustrophobic. I am glad I took the B type room, which measures 2,10m x 4,28m. I was thinking of taking the A type room measuring 2,30m x 2,41m, but luckily the student house ran out of them. I am quite happy now with this one, because the A type is much smaller and it doesn't have a fridge.

My room is located near the elevator, the shared bathroom and a water tap, so at least I don't have to go too far for warm or cold water. I think I am going to eat a lot of cup noodles in the evenings if I don't go out for dinner, because we don't have a kitchen in the complex... I like eating cup noodles a lot... and NOBODY is going to stop me from doing this, whoehahahaha !!!

It is quite awkward for me to realize I am back 'student' right now. It feels like some kind of downward - but not necessary with the meaning of 'bad' - spiral of the stadiums of my life : from being quite settled and working as an architect with my own practice and 'house with garden' in Belgium, to the past half year of being housewife-Korean language student in a apartment in California, to only student in a student house in Seoul right now. Speaking of change of statuses... I feel like reviving my time of being a student in Leuven, with only one difference : It's 10 years later right now, married and I have matured... at least I hope so ;)

The shared bathroom is clean and contains 3 showers, 3 wash basins and 3 toilets and 1 bidet. One this floor next to my room there's the computer room. I haven't met anybody on my floor yet, but there was a sleepy head girl I met in the bathroom and I said "Hi", she didn't say anything back, still in that another state of mind... so thus far my attempt to social contact...
The manager of the complex is very nice. She hung an umbrella with a little note at my room door, because it was raining yesterday. And I can sign the contract and pay the rent on Monday, because she was off for the weekend.
Furthermore, there is a laundry room, seminar room and we can use ironing stuff and vacuum cleaners... and there's also a cafe downstairs, serving breakfast and dinner, which I am going to explore if I met some more people here. So far so good, I would say. I am wondering what new encounters are to come in these weeks to come...

1 comment:

sairo said...

hi :) i stayed in crimson house too, back in 2006. lived there for six months, took language classes at KLCC too. it was interesting comparing your experiences and impressions of seoul and korea with mine. btw i found your blog by googling crimson house.